New Haven Lawn Club
New Haven - 1990-Present
The New Haven Lawn Club was originally founded in 1891 with residence in a clubhouse that was destroyed by fire in 1929. This project is a collection of phased renovations and upgrades to the 1931 clubhouse that replaced the original clubhouse. This clubhouse was designed by Dougle Orr, it marries colonial revival with art modern architectural styles and is still considered one of New Haven’s most prestigious athletic and social clubs.
In 2003 this clubhouse joined the listing on the US National Historic Places.
Site Renovations & Upgrades:
New swimming pool with a renovated bath house complete with changing rooms
Tennis court reconfiguration including conversion to artificial clay courts
Renovated tennis concessions
New terrace deck with kiddie pool
Interior Clubhouse Renovations:
Squash courts were converted from hardball to soft ball
Renovation of main dining room, bar room and grille room
Renovations & upgrades to all restrooms throughout
|Typology||Civic + Cultural|
|location||New Haven, Connecticut|