Storrs Intermodal Transportation Center
mansfield - 2014
Working with the Mansfield Downtown Partnership, Storrs Center Developers, UCONN and Greater Hartford Transit District, GWG planned and designed the Village Street and Nash-Zimmerman Intermodal Transit Center for this innovative Transit Oriented Development. At the heart of UCONN Storrs campus this new transit center accommodates bus, car and bike transportation. This project adhered to Storrs Center guidelines for a sustainable community.
Project tasks include:
- TOD Planning & Transportation Planning
- Waiting Room connecting to 6-story Parking Garage, with information desk, restrooms, seating and ITS and informational displays
- Commuter Bike facility including a bike repair shop, commuter showers, bike storage and info displays
- Bus Stop canopies & Bike User Plaza
- Mansfield Downtown Partnership offices
- Building and site utilized sustainable approaches and conformed to Transit Village green guidelines
Project is a Private Public Partnership between Town of Mansfield, UCONN, and Storrs Alliance, developer; FTA funded administered by Greater Hartford Transit District.
|client||Town of Mansfield|