Yale Visitor's Center
NEW HAVEN — 2001
The Pierpont House, facing the New Haven Green, was constructed in 1767, with additions in 1900 and 1908, and was designed by the distinguished NY firm of Delano & Aldrich. The 12,000 SF renovation included complete restoration of the original work back to 1908 and the removal of several unattractive mid-20th century additions to create new indoor and outdoor spaces for public and university functions. Special care was exercised to re-create authentic materials, windows, doors, and hardware, as well as interior detailing and restoration of original paneling and flooring. Necessary MEP and telecommunications systems to meet current needs were integrated into the historic structure.
|Typology||Civic + Cultural|
|Location||New Haven, Connecticut|